Raf tomato is one of the most natural foods on the market, and more and more people are aware of the importance of eating healthy and providing our body with the necessary nutrients.
We have to be aware of the importance of buying natural foods, and keep their properties intact without being manipulated to seek greater production.
- Raf tomato has more vitamin A than any fruit.
- It has a large amount of lycopene, which acts as an antioxidant, which leads to a decrease in the risk of chronic diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, or cataracts.
- It is ideal for people with cardiovascular or hypertensive diseases, due to its low sodium content and its low fat content.
- Appropriate in the diet of pregnant women, due to its high folic acid content.
- Slightly laxative, especially if consumed with skin, so it is very good for constipation.
- Stimulates appetite. In addition, it strengthens the nervous system.
- It is a great remineralizing. It is used in anemias because of its high organic iron content.
- It allows the maintenance of the skin and epithelia, thanks to provitamin A or beta-carotene.
- It is very rich in water (almost 90% of its weight).
- Rich in vitamin C.
- Contains provitamin A (beta-carotene), a precursor to vitamin A.
- It is also rich in vitamins B, E, PP, K and folic acid.
- Stresses its content in lycopene, a carotenoid without provitamin A activity, which has a high antioxidant power.
- It includes minerals, such as phosphorus, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, potassium and sodium.
- It barely contains carbohydrates (3.50%), proteins (1%), fats (0.11%) and fiber (1.40%).
- Very low in calories (18 kcal / 100 g).
Study conducted at the University of Almeria (UAL) on original seed Raf tomato.
* These values are applicable to the original “Raf” variety of CLAUSE HM, and not to its hybrids, which have a different morphology, and in general, they need more water and fortified fertilizers to gain weight.